PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Free sim card offer for united mobile customers (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4917)

easyroam- 20-04-2009 18:51

Free sim card offer for united mobile customers

Any customer of United mobile who has lost there service can now receive a FREE replacement sim card. We offer this to any Pre-paid GSM member free of charge. :thumbup:

That's a FREE sim card + we will post it out for free.

www.travelsim.co.uk/ma/page.asp?pgid=158&pgsid=34

amroe 20-04-2009 20:39

I am the First One to give you my e-mail which is : [removed] ,and my UM Sim Number that stop working is + [...] .

andy 20-04-2009 20:47

amroe (and anyone else), I think it would be better to contact the firm directly, rather than post your email address and phone number on here

as well as privacy issues, the email address can be harvested by spambots to send you more spam

vr1970 20-04-2009 20:48

ok now i send a e-mail

VladS 20-04-2009 21:00

For those interested in the swap, just a heads-up that they ask you to mail the UM card back to them before they would mail you the card. A top-up is also required to activate the replacement card.

inquisitor 20-04-2009 21:01

@easyroam
Can you import our UM+ numbers? I guess inter-island-portability is impossible...

easyroam- 20-04-2009 21:19

Unfortunately your united mobile is jersey based and we are Isle of man. So that's a no. sorry.

amroe 21-04-2009 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladS (Post 26346)
For those interested in the swap, just a heads-up that they ask you to mail the UM card back to them before they would mail you the card. A top-up is also required to activate the replacement card.

Yes its true so in fact its Not Free :eek:

easyroam- 21-04-2009 13:58

You have a dead, non working united mobile sim card. and lost your call credit.
Can you really expect us to also give you free call credit as well.
Your getting a free sim card (worth £15) and free postage.

bbob 21-04-2009 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by amroe (Post 26377)
Yes its true so in fact its Not Free :eek:

Depend on how you see free. Indeed you have to sent them your card, which costs you postage.

As for the rest it says the sim is free which is free. You can't really expect them to give you free credit also.

What I prefer to see is that they would allow you to sent them a scanned copy of the card and based on that you would receive a free card.

Swaps like this have been done in the past and for most prevo\ious swaps giving the mobile card number was enough.

@Easyroam will you consider people just sending a scanner copy of the card. I think this will give you more swaps compared to people having to sent you the sim.

bylo 21-04-2009 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyroam- (Post 26378)
You have a dead, non working united mobile sim card. and lost your call credit.
Can you really expect us to also give you free call credit as well.

No, I don't expect that. Business is business. You pay your money and you take your chances.

However you have to look at things from our perspective as well. Another MVNO with global SIM has just died a sudden death and we just lost our entire call credit. In some cases the loss is a considerable amount and in some cases it has now happened more than once since UM isn't the first carrier to go bust. So anything you can do to earn our trust and to facilitate the transition (e.g. allow us to fax/email a scan of our UM SIM, offering free shipping, etc.) to your SIM would go a long way to easing our concerns about the future of your offering.

ronwi 21-04-2009 19:09

Expiration?

I'm a little confused by the following from the Travelsim website:

The travel sim card has a fixed service life of 365 days. However to keep your sim card working for the following year, there is a renewal fee of GBP £12. This will keep your number working and any un-used credit valid for the next 365 days.

If you’re roaming sim has expired, you will loose your call credit and it cannot be refunded.

Customers who purchase call credit within 90 days of there expiry date will not need to pay the network fee and all credit will be rolled over for the next 365 days.

Does that mean the card is good for a year, and that if within 1 year + 90 days you add more money to the card the GBP 12 fee is waived?

inquisitor 21-04-2009 19:41

In addition to ronwi's question I'd like to know what the minimum amount of recharge is.

VladS 21-04-2009 20:22

I was told 20 quid.

ronwi 21-04-2009 21:03

The website indeed shows 20 UKP minimum recharge.

While the prices look reasonable, it is worth noting that for your 20 UKP top-up you get 27 USD in credit, as the card actually charges for calls in dollars. So, if your native currency is not pounds, you essentially have a round-trip currency conversion - your native currency to pounds to buy the credit, then from pounds back to dollars to determine the value on the card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladS (Post 26401)
I was told 20 quid.

easyroam- 22-04-2009 01:10

As we are UK based. We have to charge in United Kingdom Pounds. GBP £
This is standard with most UK roaming operators.

Our call rates are based in United States Dollars.
In most countries, This is there second currency, Plus we are also billed in USD $.

bbob 22-04-2009 08:32

@Easyroam, could you please comment on the suggestion of sending in a scanned copy of the UM card to receive the free exchange sim.

easyroam- 22-04-2009 11:11

UK or Liechtenstein sim card

Due to the large amount of customers affected, We need the old united sim card back to exchange for our Travel Sim Otherwise there will be people who will try and scam the system.

It can be the UK or Liechtenstein U-M sim card.

elshaddai 30-04-2009 18:58

Are the dual numbers(US/UK) sims available for former UM customers? I got a a +44 UM+ sim I'd like to send in.

hkr 30-04-2009 22:11

validity extension

I may be wrong, so please explain to me the renewal policy.

The card is valid for a year (from what date?) and I need to top up 90 days after it has expired to have the 12 quid waived, or can I top up any time and then the validity will be pushed out another year?

bbob 01-05-2009 13:11

on the globalsimcard.co.uk there is a simular offer:

FREE REPLACEMENT SIM

If you're one of the thousands of customers affected by the collapse of a number of Travel and Global SIM suppliers, we can offer you a FREE SIM.

All we ask is you provide proof that you are the owner of an affected SIM and add some call credit.

Fax or email a copy of your SIM or statement including proof of the number. Fax to +44 (0)1908 888557 or email to contact@globalsimcard.co.uk

Once we receive your proof of ownership, we'll credit your SIM with the credit you are paying for and send you your new GeoSIM.

Our standard terms, usage and conditions apply.

This offer does not require you to sent back the sim.

easyroam- 01-05-2009 21:13

simpler looking deals!

There are other operators now offering simpler looking deals - What you need to look-out for before choosing!

What telephone number will I get?
We give you a UK 07924 number - UK mobile numbers are one of the cheapest numbers to call.

What are the call charges and is there any connection charge?
No connection charge + No daily usage fee

Do they offer 24/7 Live customer support via telephone and email?
Our customer support team is available via telephone and email 24hrs a day, 356 Days a week.

Will my call credit expire if not used?
Our call credit does not expire.

Free voicemail retrieval?
Our voicemail retrieval is free.

Free call forwarding / Call Divert
Call forward your calls for free to most destinations.

Do i get free call credit when i exchange my sim card?
No - What you will find is the operators who offer free credit have higher call charges and there credit expires. Plus the cost to call there mobile number could be very expensive.

Ask yourself this!
How can these operators give you a free sim card and also give you free credit - How do think they get there money back?

Myself and geosim are realistic in what we offer - Free sim card exchange, but you will need to buy some call credit.

We are all paying around the same costs for our sim cards and network fees. It is foolish for operators to give free call credit on top of the free sim card exchange. This is why operators have gone out of business, overspend and loosing money.

U-M will not be the last - There is one more to come! :o

hkr 01-05-2009 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyroam- (Post 26640)
U-M will not be the last - There is one more to come! :o

Please tell us. Which, when?

easyroam- 20-05-2009 10:22

Just a quick message to all pre-paid members.

We don't at this time have a closing date. So if your worried in sending in your old United sim card, Keep hold of them until you need to travel and if the service has not resumed. We will still offer the sim exchange offer.

Some members who have sent in there sim cards have made small cuts in the chip.
I just want to say. We will not be porting or using your old sims as they are completely dead and un-useable. Plus we do not have the un-lock code.

We require the old sim just to confirm you are a old united mobile customer. We will then destroy all sims in our shredder once the offer has closed.

www.travelsim.co.uk

Grampa 20-05-2009 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyroam- (Post 26640)
Do they offer 24/7 Live customer support via telephone and email?
Our customer support team is available via telephone and email 24hrs a day, 356 Days a week.

That's some week you've got there, easyroam! :)

kupe 20-05-2009 20:37

Hi Easyroam-

I'm thinking of sending in my UM sim for your free exchange offer. If I wait a little bit, will this offer include the new DUAL number Travelsim?

Thanks!

Kupe

kupe 24-05-2009 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupe (Post 27106)
Hi Easyroam-

I'm thinking of sending in my UM sim for your free exchange offer. If I wait a little bit, will this offer include the new DUAL number Travelsim?

Thanks!

Kupe

Hello? Hello? Oh dear- just as this was getting interesting, Easyroam has gone missing?

Kupe

PS- Going to be in Zurich Kloten tomorrow. Wondering if I should drop by UM? ;)

kormack8 24-05-2009 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupe (Post 27179)
Hello? Hello? Oh dear- just as this was getting interesting, Easyroam has gone missing?

Kupe

I think GoSim still has the better offer. No expiry on your credit and reasonable rates although I wouldn't put too much credit in any of these International sim cards.

Quote:

PS- Going to be in Zurich Kloten tomorrow. Wondering if I should drop by UM? ;)
Yes if it's not too much out of your way please see what the status is with their office. If you can get anyone there to give some info on what is happening I know we would all appreciate it.

easyroam- 28-05-2009 19:59

Sorry for not getting back sooner. We have been overrun with customers exchanging there sim cards. In the last 4 weeks, We have changed over 480+ sim cards and now with united mobile website going offline, It's gone crazy.

We are currently only offering UK +447924 sim cards only. However, this may change once the dual sim is operational.

www.travelsim.co.uk

FBlack_111 28-05-2009 23:34

Easyroam:

Can you recharge the SIM directly from the cell phone or by calling your customer service?

easyroam- 02-06-2009 08:58

Top-up can only be done via our website.

The reason for this is it help stop fraudulent credit card payments. If a customer is using a stolen credit card, His can use his phone and make non stop outbound calls until the credit card is blocked.

The system we use now verifys the customer details and also looks at the call logs/records. Most, If not all stolen credit card payments seem to buy large amount of call credit.

All our sim cards have a low credit warning system. When your account reaches $5 or less. You will receive a free sms/text message giving you your account balance. The warning trigger can be changed to any amount.

There is also the option to have the call cost and balance every time you make or receive a call. This service is also free or you could just dial 187 from your travel sim for your account balance. (free service)

MrEd 02-06-2009 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBlack_111 (Post 27343)
Easyroam:

Can you recharge the SIM directly from the cell phone or by calling your customer service?

Do you mean like this (SMS) when you say from the phone? https://globalsimcard.co.uk/text2topup.php

FBlack_111 02-06-2009 20:46

MrEd:

With my EKIT SIM I just have to dial 191 and I am connected to either a self service touch tone recharge system or a live customer service rep. I have found that I am not always able to get to a computer. I was on an overnight ferry from Palermo to Naples once and they had no computer. So if needed, I could at least recharge by phone with EKIT. Also, I was once on a cruise ship and recharged from my balcony by giving a customer service rep my AMEX number right over the cell phone.

MrEd 03-06-2009 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBlack_111 (Post 27486)
MrEd:

With my EKIT SIM I just have to dial 191 and I am connected to either a self service touch tone recharge system or a live customer service rep. I have found that I am not always able to get to a computer. I was on an overnight ferry from Palermo to Naples once and they had no computer. So if needed, I could at least recharge by phone with EKIT. Also, I was once on a cruise ship and recharged from my balcony by giving a customer service rep my AMEX number right over the cell phone.

With Text2TopUp you don't need a PC or web access. You simply send an SMS. provided you have mobile coverage, you can top up anywhere.

FBlack_111 03-06-2009 15:18

MrEd:

Text2topup sounds like a good alternative too if no computer is available. I am not sure if Easyroam's SIM can do that either.

littleyip 29-06-2009 06:13

Hey Easyroam,

Can we have an update on when the dual-sims will be available and whether old UM customers can trade for those?

Thanks!

djhak 30-06-2009 23:34

What's up with TravelSIM?

I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card

Bossman 01-07-2009 00:48

You talking about this one easyroam - 100% Free roaming - No Daily Fee - No connetion charge ! ?

I do not remember having to validate email. I just topped it up and it was active almost instantly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djhak (Post 28153)
I recently received my TravelSIM card.
I cannot activate it, however, as you must register online and "top up" online. For whatever reason, I never received the "validate your email address" email.
I have submitted 3 trouble tickets on the website and sent 2 emails, but have gotten no response.
I leave for Paris on Friday and have the feeling that I will have a brand new, inactive TravelSIM card

djhak 01-07-2009 01:28

I owe easyroam an apology. I was dealing with travelsimshop.com, not travelsim.co.uk (easyroam).
The other issue exists for TravelSIMshop.com (+372). If anyone can help with that, I would appreciate it.

littleyip 08-07-2009 15:08

I will answer my own question. The website is now saying there is a July 13th launch date for the new Travel Sim dual sim cards. I hope we can turn in our United Mobile cards for those.