PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2018 New Piranha Mobile Sim Card 2018 thread (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10654)

davidtheprof 27-08-2018 21:41

phone and text working, but no VOIP support...

davidtheprof 27-08-2018 22:09

testing a bit more - outgoing texts worked, but not incoming.
And the big problem - the UK numbers are for Jersey, the Channel islands. I checked costs for Brits to call, it's 55p/min on Vodaphone, 1 pound/min on EE! This makes these useless for when I'm in the UK, because the whole idea is for local friends and family to call me on their plans.

Bossman 28-08-2018 10:20

That's my main reason for choosing a US number, once I learnt they were Jersey numbers. Even at $0.50/month, it's still a better option for me than those Jersey numbers. They are very expensive to call from anywhere. A UK local sim will serve you best for UK.

PS. This is probably just to use up whatever credit I have left. As my use for these international sims has really diminished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtheprof (Post 50377)
And the big problem - the UK numbers are for Jersey, the Channel islands. I checked costs for Brits to call, it's 55p/min on Vodaphone, 1 pound/min on EE! This makes these useless for when I'm in the UK, because the whole idea is for local friends and family to call me on their plans.

davidtheprof 28-08-2018 17:41

True, we can increasingly use Whatsapp when traveling. TMob US just pushed the cost per minute from 20 to 25c/min in and outbound, while Piranha is cheaper in most countries.

Bossman 08-11-2018 16:21

Usage experience

I just want to post a recent usage experience - I was in London for 1 day and in Lagos, Nigeria for 9 days. All through the trip, I had my AT&T sim forwarded to the US number associated with sim. Incoming calls received were clear. No issue hearing the other party and vice-versa. All in all, I probably received about 20 calls total. As expected, there was not a charge for any of the incoming calls (did NOT make any outgoing calls on it). Of course, I get charged the monthly $0.50 for the US number.

Please note - The sim has no voicemail associated with it. So, it just gives a busy tone, if the phone happens to be off. I did have a few people try to reach me during the rare occasions that I had my phone off. Phone was on for the most part 24/7. Caller ID was also passed for every single call I received. I was using a Xiaomi Mi mix 2 phone. With Piranha in sim 2, and My Nigeria sim in sim 1. Bottom line - my experience with the sim was positive.

ghostrider 10-11-2018 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 51283)
I just want to post a recent usage experience - I was in London for 1 day and in Lagos, Nigeria for 9 days. All through the trip, I had my AT&T sim forwarded to the US number associated with sim. Incoming calls received were clear. No issue hearing the other party and vice-versa. All in all, I probably received about 20 calls total. As expected, there was not a charge for any of the incoming calls (did NOT make any outgoing calls on it). Of course, I get charged the monthly $0.50 for the US number.

Please note - The sim has no voicemail associated with it. So, it just gives a busy tone, if the phone happens to be off. I did have a few people try to reach me during the rare occasions that I had my phone off. Phone was on for the most part 24/7. Caller ID was also passed for every single call I received. I was using a Xiaomi Mi mix 2 phone. With Piranha in sim 2, and My Nigeria sim in sim 1. Bottom line - my experience with the sim was positive.

That's strange. In fact I had to abandon Piranha because it stopped working properly in my dual sim phone.

leon_zawodowiec 14-11-2018 09:18

Hello!
Actually I'm abroad and using a SIM card with Internet from SimGlob - Poland. I totally recommend it, cause i have never had a problem with connection. I'm a trucker so i need an internet access, so i'm really glad about that card is exist :D
checik it out https://en.simglob.com/

Bossman 12-09-2019 16:27

Anyone else in the USA using a US piranha number have any issues. I can't receive incoming calls on the number. Roaming on AT&T. Outgoing work fine. I have opened a ticket with them.

Took the sim out to test it, in preparation for an upcoming trip.

GadgetKen 21-09-2019 15:13

My outgoing is working after they fixed it but my incoming does not work. Tried on a calling card from a landline and get ringing tone and then "please wait for the next representative." No ringing on mobile phone. Not a big deal for me since I use that line primarily for outgoing. But between Koko and Piranha problems I think it shows JT based roaming chips have issues.

Bossman 21-09-2019 19:30

It's the reverse for me. Incoming is working, however outgoing drops instantly. I only use it for incoming anyway. I will just live with it the way it is. With whatsapp and the other VOIP options, it's just a matter of time before these global sims pack it up. Their relevance has really diminished.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetKen (Post 61863)
My outgoing is working after they fixed it but my incoming does not work. Tried on a calling card from a landline and get ringing tone and then "please wait for the next representative." No ringing on mobile phone. Not a big deal for me since I use that line primarily for outgoing. But between Koko and Piranha problems I think it shows JT based roaming chips have issues.