PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   UK & Ireland (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pre Pay Mobile Broadband Options Ireland (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6608)

dohouch 08-03-2011 14:29

Pre Pay Mobile Broadband Options Ireland

Pre Pay Mobile Broadband Options Ireland

Pre Pay Mobile Broadband Prices Compared

There are several pre-pay broadband packages on the Irish market – with options to pay for as little as one day’s access or as much as 30 days.
The data allowances can be fairly low – so we have worked out the mobile broadband deal with lowest price per Gb

Three do a pay as you go deal costing €35 for 30 days broadband and a data limit of 20Gb. This works out at €1.75 per Gb. Visit 3 Here

That 20GB allowance from Three is the highest of all the prepay mobile broadband providers - the largest allowance from the other providers is 7.5GB

The next lowest price per Gb is from Meteor and eMobile - they both charge €19.99 for 30 days access and a 7.5Gb allowance. That works out at €2.67 per Gb.

If you are not too worried about data limits or allowances – and you just want to be able to get access to the internet every day for small things like email and browsing – then the cost per day is probably the thing to compare.
The lowest cost per day for prepay mobile internet is €0.50 – again from Three. This is their 30 days internet for €15 with a 1gb allowance.
(1gb is about equivalent to 1000 emails or 10 hours constant web surfing )

Most of the other suppliers charge €20 or €19.99 for 30 days access – which works out at €0.67 per day. The best of these is Meteor and eMobile – with their 7.5Gb allowance.

Vodafone and O2 have a lower 5Gb data allowance. See all O2 options here
See Vodafone options here

Modem Prices - All the providers charge for the mobile broadband modems (dongles) – with similar prices – basic models start at between €19 and €39 . Faster modems will cost a bit more.

kuba.g 11-03-2011 16:08

Thanks for the information!

Any suggestions for less than 1GB?
Say, 100MB to use within a few days?

dohouch 11-03-2011 16:13

The figures in OP are not my work but copied from "www.moneyguideireland.com.

I use Meteor , just simple pre-pay, no add-ons. Any data usage, ANY as in 1Kb costs 0.69cts, BUT there are no further charges that day until I pass 50MB.

Alexandra18 02-04-2011 05:47

"The next lowest price per Gb is from Meteor and eMobile - they both charge €19.99 for 30 days access and a 7.5Gb allowance. That works out at €2.67 per Gb." is nice deal. But is there any experience with connection its running fine or any fluctuation create.
I have Wildfire with three 900 Minutes, Unlimited Data, 24 Months, £35pm. But i will change my plane, i think to sift on payg deals, i did some research for good payg phones and good tariff. i found some cheap payg phones like blackberry 8520, nokia c3 and the phone from which I am so impressed is Orange San Fransisco just in 89 euro. hope any one has good suggestion for my new mobile.