PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Italian prepaid sim for student (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4670)

dstambou 05-01-2009 10:47

Hello,
Stumbled on this forum just today - great site guys!

I'm an Australian student coming to Italy to study in Florence from April-July 2009.

I'm looking for a prepaid SIM that has cheap calling and SMS rates. I don't really use data (I have a laptop, and use wifi normally), but can be convinced if it is a good idea!

I will use my phone mostly:
1) to call/sms girlfriend (who will be with me in italy)
2) call/sms other students in italy
3) send sms to people in Australia
4) call Italian hotels (if needed)
5) (very rarely) call my family in Australia

What are the best options? I've seen the Wind prepaid - is that the best? Would I be able to get any student plan?

Thanks everyone!

PS - I will also be travelling around Europe (eg. Greece, France, etc.) after my studies - is it worth getting an international roaming italian card? (won't need to use phone much at all outside italy)

dstambou 05-01-2009 10:57

two offers I checked from wind
 
For students: Wind - Privati - Wind Campus

But I don't think I can get it, as I am from Australia.

Special offer: Wind - Privati - Promo Wind 6 SMS

This looks very good to me? Is this a good offer?

dstambou 05-01-2009 11:01

two offers I looked at
 
For students (but I don't think I will qualify, as I am from Australia): Wind - Privati - Wind Campus

This offer looks great! But I don't speak Italian very well - is this a good deal for me? Wind - Privati - Promo Wind 6 SMS

AndreA 05-01-2009 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstambou (Post 24649)
Hello,
Stumbled on this forum just today - great site guys!

I'm an Australian student coming to Italy to study in Florence from April-July 2009.

Hi, I live in Florence... so we will have time for a :beer:

Quote:

I'm looking for a prepaid SIM that has cheap calling and SMS rates. I don't really use data (I have a laptop, and use wifi normally), but can be convinced if it is a good idea!

I will use my phone mostly:
1) to call/sms girlfriend (who will be with me in italy)
2) call/sms other students in italy
3) send sms to people in Australia
4) call Italian hotels (if needed)
5) (very rarely) call my family in Australia

What are the best options? I've seen the Wind prepaid - is that the best? Would I be able to get any student plan?
Yes, I think that Wind is a good solution for you because
a) you can activate "Noi 2" option with your girlfriend
2) Wind 6 is a good option for SMS
3) Wind is the only carrier that has the same price for national&international SMS (pay attention: Wind6 is only for italian numbers, for international you will pay the standard rate)
5) you can add "Call Your Country" option to any Wind IT prepaid simcard.

Anyway if you take a "Wind 9" tariff plan maybe you can evoid "Wind 6 SMS", Wind 9 has a good tariff (9 ct. /sms, national&international).

dstambou 05-01-2009 11:16

What a quick response AndreA! Thank you :)

I will keep my eye on wind!

hrmmm ... eisai kai ellhnas? Beer sounds good!

AndreA 05-01-2009 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstambou (Post 24655)
What a quick response AndreA! Thank you :)

You're welcome, we are lucky with different times ... night there, morning here :P

Quote:

I will keep my eye on wind!
Good, follow this page: PrePaidGSM: Wind (Italy) :)

Quote:

hrmmm ... eisai kai ellhnas? Beer sounds good!
Beer :drunk: is always good :)
PS: i simply love Greece :love:

PS: do you have 3 Australia? I just thought that you can use for free an australiam H3G simcard on 3 ITA network... and viceversa :beer:

andy 05-01-2009 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreA (Post 24653)
Yes, I think that Wind is a good solution for you because ...


6) Wind also has a cheap roaming optional add-on, making calls to Italy 15 cents after the first minute, maybe useful while in other countries for calls to each other or via callthrough access to elsewhere

AndreA 05-01-2009 11:50

great andy! after the 5) , now the number 6) :D

dstambou 05-01-2009 13:18

3 australia
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreA (Post 24656)

PS: do you have 3 Australia? I just thought that you can use for free an australiam H3G simcard on 3 ITA network... and viceversa :beer:

I am with 3 Australia at the moment... I checked their site, and (translated into euros), they charge:

~13 cents to connect + ~18 cents per 30 seconds (in 30 second blocks)

No free minutes or any other options, so it isn't the best plan (especially if I use to call girlfriend a lot!), but it might be a good backup to have.

oh and... :beer: :beer: !

dstambou 05-01-2009 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 24661)
6) Wind also has a cheap roaming optional add-on, making calls to Italy 15 cents after the first minute, maybe useful while in other countries for calls to each other or via callthrough access to elsewhere

It might be good if I can get a hold of a Wind card before I go travelling, then! (I'm travelling outside Italy a bit beforehand, but my girlfriend will be in Italy all along).

Thanks :cool:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002-2020 PrePaidGSM.net