PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Website that lists non-geographical/virtual number providers by country? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8488)

international 17-05-2014 13:00

Website that lists non-geographical/virtual number providers by country?

Wikipedia strangely does not even have an article for "Non-geographic telephone numbers" just for "Non-geographic telephone numbers in the United Kingdom".

It would be helpful if a site collects all the national providers for these also called nomadic or virtual phone number providers, so if I, say, want to set up shop in country X, I do not have to ask - maybe on this forum for each country - or worse, try to find the info in local language.

I know different countries have different rules and legislation for these numbers, but a comprehensive list would help.

rfranzq 17-05-2014 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by international (Post 45574)
It would be helpful if a site collects all the national providers for these also called nomadic or virtual phone number providers,......

Could you give some examples of such actual providers?

andy 17-05-2014 23:18

Actual provider companies, or just prefix allocation ranges?

rfranzq 18-05-2014 03:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 45579)
Actual provider companies, or just prefix allocation ranges?

The companies. I am unclear what the ultimate point of this is.

international 21-07-2014 05:45

I had one of these numbers from the UK; totally free. It's in my password database but I forgot it's name. :( (Too many entries)

It's from a company which gave me a UK non-geographic, so called nomadic number.

I wonder what providers can get you these in which country in an economical way.

dg7feq 21-07-2014 08:30

the problem is that calls to these numbers are mostly quite costy - e.g. in germany you can get a 032 VoIP number -- which is not billed as a landline but varies between 5 ct/min and 50ct/min depending from which provider you call them.

international 28-07-2014 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7feq (Post 45813)
the problem is that calls to these numbers are mostly quite costy

1) Depends on your country if they are expensive.

2) Even if they are expensive; that is not an issue for my purposes.

I just want a list like this (see OP). Any hint?

andy 28-07-2014 15:21

In countries with open markets there may be dozens or hundreds of these in each country. I can't imagine that anyone would have collated an international list. I don't even know of one for UK only.

international 28-07-2014 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 45873)
In countries with open markets there may be dozens or hundreds of these in each country. I can't imagine that anyone would have collated an international list. I don't even know of one for UK only.

Ok. Start from here. Which countries do you consider having open markets? Thanks

andy 29-07-2014 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by international (Post 45878)
Ok. Start from here. Which countries do you consider having open markets? Thanks

Huh? I assume that some countries have a handful of phone companies, and some have many, but I don't know enough about this. And I don't see how that leads towards the question you asked at the start.

As has already been said, if you want to set up phone number in a country, it might not be popular to have one that is expensive for people to call you. As well as that, in some countries the provider is required to establish that you have some connection with the country, such as a physical address.