PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Germany | guide on how to order and recharge solomo SIM cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5795)

dg7feq 15-08-2010 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer (Post 33649)
You can see from my earlier post (27 July) that I ordered 3 solomo pro startpackets.

I got an email that they shipped 2 August.

Here we are 10 days later and they have not arrived and emails to solomo have not been answered.

I'm starting to get that old "United Mobile" feeling :)

I'll have 8 sims to replace -- a bit of money if I switch to fonic -- but better to spend the money and have something that works, rather than not spend it and have ....

we regularly order Solomo-cards for work - they tend to have 2 weeks delivery time lately (whatever it takes them so long to print the welcome letter and glue a SIM card on it...).

Chris

TheMadBrewer 15-08-2010 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg7feq (Post 33670)
we regularly order Solomo-cards for work - they tend to have 2 weeks delivery time lately (whatever it takes them so long to print the welcome letter and glue a SIM card on it...).

Chris

Thanks, Chris. The other two times I've ordered them they came within days. So I'll chill out, relax and have a beer...

Motel75 16-08-2010 08:54

Well, Sunsim (onle of the bigger Vistream resellers, though it's anyone's guess how many customers there were) has now been shut down, so I suspect all these customers will be transferred to Solomo, if it can handle them.

http://sunsim.de/

Motel75 16-08-2010 08:54

Well, Sunsim (onle of the bigger Vistream resellers, though it's anyone's guess how many customers there were) has now been shut down, so I suspect all these customers will be transferred to Solomo, if it can handle them.

Untitled Document

inquisitor 16-08-2010 11:38

Strange. On the one hand they've recently introduced a new tariff under the brand of an electronics retailer called "Berlet" and on the other hand they streamline their brand portofolio.
This morning one of the two solomo SIMs in my family has been disabled, after it's number has been ported to Fonic. The number porting worked flawlessly and took only six days since my request.

babble 16-08-2010 14:33

A curious business strategy?

Partners of vistream seem to routinely introduce new tariffs with the long-term intention of later "herding" their new customers into solomo. This is a curious business strategy and I have been through it a few times already with vistream.

However, through this "herding process" I was able to convert some old "vistream" sims into solomo pro accounts. Later, after cancelling the old sims, I was able to keep my "orphaned" voip accounts independently active for over two years. This process is perhaps only interesting for people who wish to forward or divert incoming solomo voip calls towards solomo sim cards.

But when I checked last week, solomo voip calls were not being forwarded to solomo mobiles. An unreliable telecoms company is of no value to anyone!

TheMadBrewer 27-08-2010 13:10

Just an update: I ordered three solomo pro startpackets the end of July. On August 2 I got an email that all three had shipped.

On Aug 18 one SIM arrived.

On Aug 25 another SIM arrived.

Nothing yet on the 3rd. I leave Germany on Sunday so I guess I'll find a drugstore and buy a Fonic SIM if the last doesn't come in Saturday's post.

It's too bad really, because solomo has really worked well for me the last two years. We have a rotating group of people from the States who make one or two trips to Europe (mostly Germany but also Belgium and Netherlands) a year and the cheap rate for solomo-to-solomo calls as well as a good rate back to the US makes it perfect. Plus I can keep the SIMs topped up via Credit Card.

Kritiker 29-05-2011 19:02

Has anyone ordered the solomo pro SIMs lately? What kind of obstacles, requirements, shipping charges, delivery delays did you experience shipping to Canada or the U.S.A.? How was your experience roaming in non-German countries with these SIMs? I have gone through the process for a few screens (without completing an order) and the whole ordering process seems to be quite decent, as far as I was able to get. Thanks.

inquisitor 10-08-2012 12:42

German MVNE Telogic (fomerly known as vistream), the company behind solomo, has declared insolvency as of July 25th. Customers report failure of many services including reachability from other networks and failure of Internet access as well as outgoing calls (see Telogic in vorläufiger Insolvenz: vistream-Nachfolger abgeklemmt - teltarif.de News).
So SIM cards should better not be recharged anymore as the money may get lost.

inquisitor 10-08-2012 16:08

According to a second article now even solomo recommend to export numbers (Telogic-Kunden können vorerst wieder abgehend telefonieren - teltarif.de News). It seems like the game will be over soon.