PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   After United Mobile (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4674)

Nokia1610 06-01-2009 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MATHA531 (Post 24734)
I do wonder how much the eurotariffs for roaming have cut into the business of the international sim cards....if you're only going to have to pay say 0,19€ to receive calls within the eu, do you really need the international sim card.

The fact is, I expected price would lower or, at least, stay the same in UE right because of the Eurotariff. I like international sims because, in case of need, I can be called without worries. Moreover, it is comfortable to use always the same number, both for UE countries and extra-UE. Last but not least, when I'm abroad I prefer being called only if it's an important matter...and an international number is a very good demarcation for this :cool:

Quote:

Now....well as the song says those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end.....
Right..."we were sure we'd never see an end to it all"!

Quote:

The only hope now is that the eu gets its way and eventually we get the free reception of calls with an eu sim throughout the eu!
This would be quite useful, but I think we still have to wait to get to the 0€ threshold for incoming calls

Quote:

Easy roam is another of the Isle of Man sim cards that make you pay a renewal fee every year........to me a downer.
To me too.

So far, I think Travelsim can be the best solution for me. :confused:

Stu 07-01-2009 01:15

It is a pitty. I was standardizing on UM. There were places that 09 was cheaper, but it worked reliably and had a pretty good feature set.

easyroam- 07-01-2009 03:46

Fair Play
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MATHA531 (Post 24733)
Easy roam is another of the Isle of Man sim cards that make you pay a renewal fee every year........to me a downer.

You have two choices.

We could charge you a connation or daily fee or we charge a small yearly fee.
Top-up your credit within 90 days and there's no fee.


Our Service Life
The travel sim card has a fixed service life of 365 days. However to keep your sim card working for the following year, there is a renewal fee of U.S $21 (£10) This will keep your number working and any un-used calling credit valid for the next year.

If you’re roaming sim has expired, you will loose your call credit and it cannot be refunded.

Customers who purchase call credit within 90 days of there expiry date will not need to pay the network fee and all credit will be rolled over for the next 365 days.

easyroam- 07-01-2009 03:56

Also,
We are the only network to offer FREE voicemail and FREE call forwarding/call divert to landlines and some mobiles inc USA/Canada

MATHA531 07-01-2009 04:38

BTW..

Easy roam...I note the yearly renewal rate is £10....which you set at $21...the exchange rate between the GBP and the USD never reached $2.10 and as a matter of fact as of today, it is under $1.50 so the proper fee should indeed be $15.....also did you adjust your other rates to reflect the current exchange rate between GBP and USD?

bbob 07-01-2009 13:48

Responce from UM to my question why the is no more free roaming in belgium:

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your request. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you the reasons why the rates had to be changed. It is a company policy which is effected by several variables.

We are sorry if the new rate plan is unfortunate for you.



With best regards

United Mobile Customer Service

Effendi 07-01-2009 13:53

The new rate plan is unfortunate for everybody, I fear ;)

Nokia1610 07-01-2009 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbob (Post 24768)
Responce from UM to my question why the is no more free roaming in belgium:

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your request. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you the reasons why the rates had to be changed. It is a company policy which is effected by several variables.

We are sorry if the new rate plan is unfortunate for you.



With best regards

United Mobile Customer Service

Very encouraging! :sleep:

LBarouf 05-02-2009 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyroam- (Post 24759)
Also,
We are the only network to offer FREE voicemail and FREE call forwarding/call divert to landlines and some mobiles inc USA/Canada

What mobiles are covered in North America. For work, I get a mobile for USA and another for Canada currently, what providers are covered? When you say free voicemail, you mean we can call back the voicemail to pickup our messages for free or we can "receive" voicemails for free?

Thanks for clarifying...

snidely 05-02-2009 06:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyroam- View Post
Also,
We are the only network to offer FREE voicemail and FREE call forwarding/call divert to landlines and some mobiles inc USA/Canada
What mobiles are covered in North America. For work, I get a mobile for USA and another for Canada currently, what providers are covered? When you say free voicemail, you mean we can call back the voicemail to pickup our messages for free or we can "receive" voicemails for free?

Thanks for clarifying...

That statement of their's makes no sense. In the U.S. there is no distinction made between calling a cell phone and calling a land line. In fact, it is now almost impossible to know for sure whether the phone you are calling is a land line or cell.
...mike


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 2002-2020 PrePaidGSM.net