PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (any other discussion) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Getting junk PMs (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10509)

DRNewcomb 17-03-2018 02:20

Getting junk PMs

I've been getting a bunch of junk PMs but don't see any way to report them to management.

rfranzq 17-03-2018 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRNewcomb (Post 49932)
I've been getting a bunch of junk PMs but don't see any way to report them to management.

I have not got any.
I do not remember ever getting any here.
I wonder why you get them.

andy 08-04-2018 19:58

Sorry I haven't on here for a few days - a bit longer than I realised, and I've just spent some time removing pre-moderated spam posts and doing bans.

Send me a PM with a list of usernames and I can ban them.

misterbill 09-05-2019 06:36

I'm also getting quite a lot of these. Normally wouldn't care since I rarely use this site but I get an email each time one is sent. I will PM you the list.

colin_thames 09-05-2019 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRNewcomb (Post 49932)

Me too. From a new member called Jonhonnawn. Three messages in two days with just a link, no explanation. He seems to want me to go to his blog (though I doubt it's a blog) but has never contributed anything on the forum :spam: (Though I'm now wondering if I have! :confused:)

There should be some way of reporting abuse of PM system.

misterbill 10-05-2019 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin_thames (Post 56593)
Me too. From a new member called Jonhonnawn. Three messages in two days with just a link, no explanation. He seems to want me to go to his blog (though I doubt it's a blog) but has never contributed anything on the forum :spam: (Though I'm now wondering if I have! :confused:)

There should be some way of reporting abuse of PM system.

Agreed, and that's also who I got 2 from this time. I checked all of the spam messages I've received that are still in my inbox, and none of the users have been disabled. Seems like the system should have a way of determining when someone is sending too many PM's and disable them.

bylo 11-05-2019 15:36

Also ongoing spam posts like this: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16565

chrispeddler 20-05-2019 01:04

Glad I read this post. I'm a newbie here and will take note of this issue. Any way I can report this to the admin?

kctopitz 20-05-2019 10:09

Received crypto currency spam PM from user PYRobert.

There should really be a way to report these messages from the inbox.

Effendi 20-05-2019 13:38

Please forward any spam e-mail to info [at] prepaidgsm.net and I'll ban that user immediately.
Unfortunately our forum board is very old and I cannot update at the moment. That's probably the main cause of all the spam we are receiving, also on the forum (the old antispam system has become not avaibale anymore).

hrgajek 20-05-2019 13:55

Hello,

Quote:

Originally Posted by kctopitz (Post 56848)
Received crypto currency spam PM from user PYRobert.

There should really be a way to report these messages from the inbox.

Same user "PYRobert" here. He's spamming for Bitcoin Investments.

Try to get back it from the waste bin and send it to effendi

colin_thames 21-05-2019 15:31

Same user is spamming me. Is it possible to stop people PM'ing ALL? If they had to PM each user individually they'd soon stop. Or maybe upgrade v Bulletin!

From Wikipedia: "[v Bulletin 3] was launched in 2004. In July 2010, the BBC reported that there was a serious flaw in vBulletin software that allows anyone to easily access the database username and password. vBulletin 5 was released in 2012. In late 2017, a post by Technical Support Lead, Wayne Luke, confirmed that vBulletin 3 was now considered to be 'End of Life' software, with no further development of the series planned."

In the meanwhile I'd recommend everyone change their password, especially if they use it elsewhere.

hrgajek 21-05-2019 15:37

Hi,
this is the other side of "older" Software. But we should be glad, that Effendi and his Team is running this board, with a lot of valuable Information.

If I get spam E-Mail oder spam Mail inside this Forum, both is not Optimum, but I don't bother, just click at "delete".

Effendi 24-05-2019 12:57

Hi guys,
I banned these spammers.
I also blocked all PM system for normal "members", including all of you. But all members with at least 10 messages on the board will be moved automatically to the "Verified Members" group, which can use PMs. But I think you all need to post at least 1 new post in order to receive the "upgrade". I'm sorry for all this mess, I hope it will help.

You are perfectly right that I should update the whole platform. Also the website is totally outdated and mostly useless these days. Unfortunately I don't have the free time I had in the past and I nearly abandoned this website. And I'm very sorry for that. But the forum has some very valuable information and it would be a pity to close it.

A new vBulletin is quite expensive and I don't have the time to customize it like I did with this old version. I'll do my best to update as soon as possible.

Again sorry for all the problems you are facing on this website.

Carlo

bylo 24-05-2019 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Effendi (Post 56985)
You are perfectly right that I should update the whole platform. Also the website is totally outdated and mostly useless these days. Unfortunately I don't have the free time I had in the past and I nearly abandoned this website. And I'm very sorry for that. But the forum has some very valuable information and it would be a pity to close it.

A new vBulletin is quite expensive and I don't have the time to customize it like I did with this old version. I'll do my best to update as soon as possible.

Again sorry for all the problems you are facing on this website.

Thanks for the update Carlo. There is no need to apologize. To the contrary we all owe you our heartfelt thanks for continuing to make this valuable resource available. :clap:

kctopitz 02-08-2019 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shermanclogs (Post 59627)
I have been getting a lot of OOPS, this link appears to be broken responses lately, and not just from this site. Im just trying to find some commonality. Anyone else getting this? Not just for this site?

Im using IE 7.
Any insight would be appreciated

You're using a browser which is so outdated I can only guess that you're still using Windows XP, which is no longer supported and no longer receiving security updates. You shouldn't be using either to access the internet, and any problems you're getting (and I'm sure there will be more) are a result of this. If you can't afford a new computer, I highly suggest installing Linux (an alternative operating system) and using that to access the internet. Lubuntu is a version of Linux designed to run on older computers.

The above said, this is totally off-topic. This isn't the place to discuss your computer problems. I'd advise seeking help from someone locally if you need it.