PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   UM+ 44 Numbers Can't Be Reached from North America (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3606)

kaydee 21-04-2008 22:01

UM+ 44 Numbers Can't Be Reached from North America

I have tried numerous long distance providers in Canada and the US, and none of them can route calls to my UM+ number, or UM's own customer service number at +44 7937 09 99 11

The providers here are blaming United Mobile, as none of them are able to get calls through.

I still have my UM423, but the charges to call it from North America are so high, and DialNow.com, although cheap has not been working recently.

Anyone else have this problem?

VladS 21-04-2008 22:26

You get what you pay for. Low cost calling card outfits block access to high termination cost destinations. You may want to try larger carriers such as Primus and AT&T.

I can call UM+ numbers just fine with both Primus US and Primus Canada.

kaydee 22-04-2008 05:17

I actually tried Primus, MTS Allstream and Bell...

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladS (Post 21737)
You get what you pay for. Low cost calling card outfits block access to high termination cost destinations. You may want to try larger carriers such as Primus and AT&T.

I can call UM+ numbers just fine with both Primus US and Primus Canada.

I actually tried Primus Canada, MTS Allstream and Bell - the three big Canadian long distance providers. I'm surprised you were able to get through with Primus - I can't. Are you able to call the UM customer service number on their +44 number?

prion 22-04-2008 06:36

I am having the same issue with various voip providers. Especially with some UK based. Have you tried calling the +447937 via dialnow?

VladS 22-04-2008 12:23

Tried it again last night.

Primus Canada (WinTel residential) - OK
Primus US (Lingo VoIP) - OK
voipcheap.com - OK

PhotoJim 22-04-2008 15:37

les.net - OK
voip.ms - did not work as of last Sunday

bylo 22-04-2008 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydee (Post 21736)
Anyone else have this problem?

I just tried calling my UM+ cellphone from both a Canadian landline and a GSM phone (on the Rogers network.) The long distance provider in both cases is yak.ca. It took several tries but eventually the UM+ phone (also roaming on Rogers) began to ring.

I ran into the same situation about a year ago with UM423. Using Bell, Bell Mobility and yak.ca it would take several tries before the UM423 would ring. Sometimes it simply would not ring no matter how many times I tried. That was one reason why I switched to UM+.

Unfortunately this sort of thing is just too unreliable to use for the purpose I intended, i.e. so my elderly parents could call me in an emergency while I was travelling in Europe.

By contrast my Mobal number has been rock-solid. It costs more but at least I can depend on it.

Bossman 22-04-2008 21:38

Same problem here in the US. Voicestick and les.net connected. Sometimes voicestick takes several tries. The other calling cards I use just do not connect. Calling direct from either my tmobile or AT&T phones rings though.

Never had any problems connecting to UM+ before. Hence, I believe, and as mentioned above, most of these calling cards and VOIP providers are starting to realize the high termination rates they are being charged, and are blocking calls to UM+ numbber range. Those that connect like voicestick.es.net are charging a premium to this number range already. This is the exact same thing that happened with the UM Liechenstein numbers.

andy 22-04-2008 21:58

Justvoip - no problem at all

MATHA531 28-04-2008 00:26

Was just in Spain for a week...have call forwarding set up via my landline using AT&T ld....it seems that all calls went through....O9 seems to be working very well too via enlinea's US 800 service!