PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Paytoo mobile Sim Card (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5745)

YackieMobile 01-04-2010 01:02

Paytoo mobile Sim Card

Dear Customers.....

The SIm card will be delivered to Florida, our office April 7, then we will ship all cards to our customers, distributors etc etc

Have a great Easter Week end

Pay too Management

MATHA531 01-04-2010 01:30

.....and you still have the records of people who have unexpired credit on your previous sim cards?

YackieMobile 01-04-2010 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MATHA531 (Post 31743)
.....and you still have the records of people who have unexpired credit on your previous sim cards?

Yess off course.....

FBlack_111 02-04-2010 17:29

Would you explain the Paytoo fees? Must you use a Paytoo Prepaid Master card? Is there a fee to use a credit card? What about a monthly admin fee with a pre-paid Master card? What about an inactive fee after 90 days? If the Paytoo Master card falls below $15 it is deactivated. Do you lose the $15?

andy 02-04-2010 19:32

Bear in mind this is a forum about mobile phone SIM cards, not financial products

rfranzq 02-04-2010 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 31773)
Bear in mind this is a forum about mobile phone SIM cards, not financial products

Paytoo is seeming to combine the two things in a large way. I am not sure I can quite wrap my brain around all that they are trying to combine. a prepaid balance on a SIM card is in some sense financial--look at everyone who has gotten burned. I think many of us will shy far away from any company that combines large balances with a SIM card. Are fingers are fried.

From their website:
Quote:

Paytoo Mobile is the first Worldwide GSM Mobile Wallet that merges a complete Telecom Suite of Services and a Mobile Payment Solution using a unified balance. Start using your available credit to call, transfer, pay and redeem throughout the world in a secured fashion and in real time.
What that all means: I am not sure. The phrase "unified balance" scares me.

YackieMobile 03-04-2010 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBlack_111 (Post 31766)
Would you explain the Paytoo fees? Must you use a Paytoo Prepaid Master card? Is there a fee to use a credit card? What about a monthly admin fee with a pre-paid Master card? What about an inactive fee after 90 days? If the Paytoo Master card falls below $15 it is deactivated. Do you lose the $15?

Paytoo Mobile is a suite of products, and you are free to use just a part of them

If you stay at the telecom level, you dont have any fees, if you apply for your prepaid Mastercard, you will have some fees attached to the MC only, but you will be able to make a call by using all telecom services included in your account, to do a Online payment for Ecommerce purpose ( Micro payment using your mobile account ), to transfer some credit to any one in the world ( client or not ) and to also use a prepaid mastercard attached to your account.

and to do a cash in or a cash out in around 200 000 worldwide location today

We just come with what the market of 3 billions unbanked peoples who have an GSM handset request.

Andy will say that it's not a GSM product, It is Andy, Mobile payment, Mobile Transfert are not any more a concept.....we have many MVNO working with us for integrating paytoo in their own SIM cards....

Happy Easter

GadgetKen 13-04-2010 06:21

Paytoo/Yackie email received asking where to send sim card

Just got an email from Yackie/Paytoo asking to confirm my name, address, contact phone number, email address and 2 backup password reminders.
They are mailing out replacement sim cards with remaining Yackie balances on them.
It's encouraging that they are honoring the old Yackie balances after all these months, but I'll need to actually receive a usable sim card with the balance to really believe it.

Some interesting things on this offer:

1. Netherlands based sim card. Wonder who the backbone carrier is?
2. Some interesting rates for Caribbean to USA in $USD (my primary interest)
Bermuda: .165
St. Kitts/Nevis: .435
Antigua: .255
Netherlands Antilles: 1.05
Cuba: 2.58
also USA to USA is .585 and Canada to US is 1.53
Bermuda, Antigua, St. Kitts/Nevis, and Antigua are very competitively priced (Bermuda is even less than my Digicel Bermuda card).
Visiting Bermuda end of May to mid June and can confirm rates there then. Will put my Digicel Bermuda card in one slot and the Paytoo sim in the other and compare the two on price, reliability and voice quality.
3. Data is available in some countries.
4. Prepaid MC is not of much use to me (I have regular credit/debit/ATM cards already that offer more perks and without monthly or transaction fees associated with this card). I suppose the direct micro-payment system might be useful to work a cellular enabled vending machine so you don't have to fish for spare change though.

petkow 13-04-2010 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetKen (Post 31911)
4. Prepaid MC is not of much use...

Just a thought for applications on this side of the pond! Would this prepaid MC satisfy Ryanair? i.e. Would they waive their ordinary 5GBP/EUR booking charge per passenger per flight if this product were used for payment? I would guess so, but I have been told that some cards which are marketed as prepaid mastercards, still do not get picked up the Ryanair booking and payment engine.

Quote:

Mastercard Prepaid Debit Card
As a special offer to the above card holders, Ryanair, for a limited period only, will not apply an administration fee

petkow 13-04-2010 11:29

However, on second thoughts I have just seen this from the paytoo homepage: (sorry I missed it first when GadgetKen mentioned it)
Quote:

Paytoo Prepaid MasterCard Card is issued by Choice Bank Ltd pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Transaction fees, terms and conditions apply. All trademarks, service marks and registered marks are the properties of their respective owners.
This is the same as pretty much all of the other prepaid Mastercards out there. What is point of paying for the luxury of paying, if most of us have other payment methods?? I presume most international travellers that this might appeal to have ordinary credit cards, bank cards etc.

From the 2 mins I have had to browse the Paytoo site, other than that tiny bit in the smallprint, I can see no other details about what the transaction costs are of using the Mastercard. Are they hiding this?