PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   International GSM prepaid cards (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   OneSimCard overcharges? (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5940)

adam917 13-06-2010 01:09

OneSimCard overcharges?

I recently got a OneSimCard global SIM and sent a single text message from it (with delivery report & reply request on, which is fine with every other company I used so far) but got charged 2 USD. I checked the balance several times using the SIM Tool-Kit menu. Does one get charged for checking their balance this way? I am in the US. What could be possibly causing me to be charged this much for just one action?

OneSimCard 15-06-2010 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917 (Post 32830)
I recently got a OneSimCard global SIM and sent a single text message from it (with delivery report & reply request on, which is fine with every other company I used so far) but got charged 2 USD. I checked the balance several times using the SIM Tool-Kit menu. Does one get charged for checking their balance this way? I am in the US. What could be possibly causing me to be charged this much for just one action?

Adam, no you should not be charged for checking your balance through the OneSimCard Menu on your phone.

Have you contacted Customer Support? This forum is not a good place to get help if you have any billing or technical questions. Please go to Contact Us - OneSimCard.com or call +1-617-489-5952 to contact our support department so they can look up your account and verify the charges with you. If there are any errors then they will be refunded. Please feel free to report back here on the resolution. Thank you.

adam917 16-06-2010 02:42

So what's the matter with it then? Why have I lost almost 2 USD on both SIMs? Do you get charged when doing the SMS method through the menu? Or does it cost more to send SMS within the US without using your menu?

I have had the same problem with TravelSIM now too so there must be some thing that is going on with these SIMs or the provider that either you or anyone doesn't know. What exactly do you get charged for with these SIMs?

PS: My account on the site shows 10 USD but on the SIM it shows less. It ha sbeen like this since the day I got all the SIMs.

OneSimCard 16-06-2010 16:50

Please contact support dept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917 (Post 32897)
So what's the matter with it then? Why have I lost almost 2 USD on both SIMs? Do you get charged when doing the SMS method through the menu? Or does it cost more to send SMS within the US without using your menu?

I have had the same problem with TravelSIM now too so there must be some thing that is going on with these SIMs or the provider that either you or anyone doesn't know. What exactly do you get charged for with these SIMs?

PS: My account on the site shows 10 USD but on the SIM it shows less. It ha sbeen like this since the day I got all the SIMs.

Adam -- an SMS sent through the OneSimCard phone menu is 35c, sent normally it is 40c or 59c depending on the country. The US is 59c. Our service is not meant for use in the US.

If for some reason you can't contact Customer Support, then at least PM me your account email. We can't help you if you don't let us know who you are. Thanks

adam917 17-06-2010 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSimCard (Post 32909)
Adam -- an SMS sent through the OneSimCard phone menu is 35c, sent normally it is 40c or 59c depending on the country. The US is 59c. Our service is not meant for use in the US.

If for some reason you can't contact Customer Support, then at least PM me your account email. We can't help you if you don't let us know who you are. Thanks

You said 'an SMS'. What about CHECKING MY BALANCE? I seemed to have been charged for doing that! I just checked my account on-line and one of the SIMs I have shows I was charged 40 cents for each time I checked my balance. I will call customer support next time it's open.

OneSimCard 17-06-2010 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917 (Post 32915)
You said 'an SMS'. What about CHECKING MY BALANCE? I seemed to have been charged for doing that! I just checked my account on-line and one of the SIMs I have shows I was charged 40 cents for each time I checked my balance. I will call customer support next time it's open.

Adam, I am not sure why you have not contacted Support or PMed me your account email as requested. It does not make sense to keep posting and reposting your questions here. It has been 4 days since your original post. We can't help you if you remain anonymous.

If you reread my first reply you will find: "no you should not be charged for checking your balance through the OneSimCard Menu on your phone." If you were in fact charged for this, then Customer Support will be able to issue the appropriate refunds. You do not need to call, you can use the online ticket system located on the support page OneSimCard Online Support and someone will probably get back to you tonight.

adam917 18-06-2010 01:07

You may close this thread. I have contacted support as told in the last post.

OneSimCard 18-06-2010 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam917 (Post 32929)
You may close this thread. I have contacted support as told in the last post.

Adam, were they able to confirm if there were any issues and resolve them for you?

adam917 19-06-2010 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSimCard (Post 32953)
Adam, were they able to confirm if there were any issues and resolve them for you?

We are in that process of getting it all resolved.