PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived) (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italy (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Vodafone Italy: sim card is not provisioned mm#2 (https://prepaid.mondo3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7290)

raywright1 23-07-2012 17:41

Vodafone Italy: sim card is not provisioned mm#2

in july 2011 i purchased a vodafone prepaid SIM in Mestre, Italy and used it until no funds were left. this year i would like to use it again, but i get error "sim card is not provisioned mm#2". i won't know the phone number of the SIM until a get to the paper copy i have on file next week. is there any way to recharge the card and use it again, or is the number and validity lost forever? if i manage to recover the phone number, can i register the number on the website and then top up?

spent some time searching this and other forums and have not found an answer...

thanks.

DRNewcomb 23-07-2012 18:00

In general, Italian SIMs can be reactivated for something less than one year (e.g. 11 months, 364 days, etc) from the last top-up. There is also a minimal usage requirement to keep the SIM alive. This is often fulfilled by a brief web session or sending a text message. It also might be that you are not in Italy and you did not activate international roaming?

raywright1 23-07-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRNewcomb (Post 40139)
It also might be that you are not in Italy and you did not activate international roaming?

you might be right about that. so if i have the phone number, can i theoretically register the SIM on the website, top up, enable roaming, etc, all before going to italy? is it correct that if it is not provisioned, i cannot find out the number using the phone?

tux 23-07-2012 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRNewcomb (Post 40139)
In general, Italian SIMs can be reactivated for something less than one year (e.g. 11 months, 364 days, etc) from the last top-up. There is also a minimal usage requirement to keep the SIM alive. This is often fulfilled by a brief web session or sending a text message. It also might be that you are not in Italy and you did not activate international roaming?

Actually, the highlited part, was necessary only for H3g sims.

DRNewcomb 23-07-2012 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by tux (Post 40141)
Actually, the highlited part, was necessary only for H3g sims.

Well, several years ago I had a Wind SIM that I occasionally had to spend 0.01€ on a WAP session to keep it alive. Don't know if you still have to do that or not.

raywright1 23-07-2012 19:27

vodafone italy: benefits of registering on website

but getting back to the situation as it stands now - is it true that...
1. if i have the SIM's phone number i can register it on the website
2. if it's registered on the website, i can top up and enable roaming
3. if i have the SIM, there is a way to find it's phone number even if not provisioned for roaming and i am indeed roaming

thanks in advance.

tux 23-07-2012 20:03

AFAIK every prepaid sim in Italy have roaming enabled. Sims expire 12 months after the last recharge.

raywright1 23-07-2012 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tux (Post 40144)
AFAIK every prepaid sim in Italy have roaming enabled. Sims expire 12 months after the last recharge.

then this is the problem. it is 13 months since my last top up. thanks for the information.

Motel75 24-07-2012 07:22

Call or email customer service - they should be able to reactivate your SIM.

Vodafone

Effendi 25-07-2012 17:55

Vodafone cards expire after 11+1 months. After that you usually cannot reactivate it. Roaming is pre activated on all Italian prepaid Sims.
Go and get a new one, possibly not with Vodafone which is the most expensive.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express